RWG continuously strives to further optimize the logistic handling at its terminal. In this context, RWG will implement a number of changes to the so-called Truck Appointment System in order to further streamline the truck handling process.
As from Monday 11 March the following changes will be implemented:
- The duration of a time slot will be 1 hour.
- During the week the grace period after the time slot will be 15 minutes.
- Booked time slots which are NOK (Not OK), will be cancelled 30 minutes before the start of the time slot.
- Appointments can be booked during ongoing time slots if capacity is available.
- During the evening and night, between 19.00 and 06.00, time slots must also be booked. However, it is possible to access the terminal throughout this entire period of time.
- In weekends, between Friday 19.00 and Monday 06.00, time slots must be booked. However, it is possible to access the terminal throughout this entire period of time.
With these changes, RWG hopes to further optimize the truck handling process and to utilize the available capacity as efficiently as possible. The truck visit needs to be pre-announced through the Port Community System of Portbase. More information about the pre-announcement process is available on RWGServices. For questions regarding the gate process you can contact the department Data Control & Gate via email at email@example.com.